6 Ways to Avoid Getting Hospitalised

While we all appreciate the hard work and dedication of doctors and emergency healthcare workers, we try to avoid hospitals as much as possible. Trying to stay healthy and taking all the preventive measures can help you avoid hospitalisation.

However, in certain cases, one may need hospitalisation. To be ready for such emergency expenses, you must have a health insurance policy. Further, you can also make a coinsurance payment to your insurance provider and claim the funds in times of emergency.

That being said, here, we will see the ways to avoid the chances of getting hospitalised.

6 Ways to Avoid Getting Hospitalised

6 Ways to Avoid Getting Hospitalised

Here are a few effective ways to avoid hospitalisation:

Ensure ample physical activities

You must keep up with the physical activities irrespective of your age. Practising healthy habits, such as cycling, exercising, jogging, swimming, etc., will keep you fit and hence reduce the odds of hospitalisation.

Maintain a nutritional diet

Nutrition also plays a crucial part in keeping your health on track. Therefore, you must incorporate nutritious foods into your daily diet to avoid the risks of hospitalisation as much as possible.

Always consult your doctor

If you get a new medicine, consult your doctor about the possible side effects and how to take them properly. Further, you must also consult about the possible issues it may have with the ongoing medicines, if any.

Keep your body and mind healthy

Loneliness negatively affects your overall health. In order to maintain a healthy mind and body, keep in touch with your family members and friends and go out with them as much as possible. Social activities like going out for walks or dancing are ways to keep your mind free and healthy.

Do not ignore the symptoms

In case you see any symptoms of illness, such as difficulty in breathing, sore muscles, dizziness, etc., you must not ignore them. Getting such symptoms checked by your doctor as early diagnosis can help prevent the risks of hospitalisation.

  • Do not ignore sudden bleedings

Unexplained bleeding can be a possible symptom of brain damage, anaemia or any other chronic disease. In such cases, you must ensure to consult with your healthcare provider and get diagnosed at an early stage. In this manner, you will recover from the symptoms without being admitted to a hospital.

Additionally, if you decide to quit smoking, you can save yourself from a lot of life-threatening diseases, such as strokes, cancers and heart diseases.

What is Coinsurance Payment in Health Insurance?

A coinsurance payment is the percentage of the medical costs that you are liable to pay after you have paid the deductibles. This means that if you have to pay 20% of the treatment costs as coinsurance payment, your insurance provider will bear the rest 80% of the bills. That is, if your treatment bills come to something around Rs. 10,000, your insurer will pay Rs. 8,000, while you have to bear the remaining Rs. 2,000 as coinsurance payment.

Some of the features of coinsurance payments are as follows:

  • A coinsurance percentage remains fixed.
  • If you have an insurance policy, you must pay the deductible amount before the coinsurance plan comes into play.

To sum it up, you must follow the tips mentioned above to stay out of hospitals and keep yourself healthy and fit for a long time. Talking about coinsurance payments, you can make this payment to reduce the monthly insurance premiums you must pay to your insurance company.

You May Also Like